TamilNadu Common Entrance Test Notification for MBA, MCA and M.Tech. Post Graduate Courses 2006-2007
Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) 2006 will be conducted by Anna University on behalf of the Government of Tamil Nadu on 27 th and 28 th May 2006 for candidates who seek admission to M.B.A., M.C.A., & M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan. Degree Programmes in Tamil Nadu for the year 2006-2007.
i) Commencement of issue of Application form in Person / by post : 29.03.2006
ii) Last date for issue of Application form in person ( other than Chennai city) , by post from Examination Centre : 26.04.2006
iii) Last date for issue of Application form at Examination Centre, Anna University, Chennai 25 : 29.04.2006
iv) Last date for submission of filled in application in person/by post : 29.04.2006
The completed application forms should reach The Secretary, TANCET 2006, Examination Centre, Anna University, Chennai 600 025 on or before 29.04.2006, at 5.30 p.m.
Date and Time of Entrance Test
10.00 a.m to 12.00 noon
02.30 p.m to 04.30 p.m
10.00 a.m to 12.00 noon
Candidates have to appear for the Entrance Test at the allotted Centres at their own cost and risk.
7. EXAMINATION CENTRES
The Entrance Test will be conducted at the following cities:
1. Chennai 2. Coimbatore 3. Madurai
4. Salem 5. Trichy 6. Tirunelveli
Every effort will be made to comply with the candidate’s choice for the Entrance Test Centre. However, for reasons like non-availability of seats, another centre may be allotted for a few candidates. In any case, a centre once allotted cannot be altered for any reasons.
INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
1. PROGRAMME OF STUDY
1. Master of Business Administration (MBA)
2. Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
3. M.E/M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan. – Non-Gate (Aided & Self-supporting)
The Government of Tamil Nadu has authorised Anna University for conducting a Common Entrance Test for admission to 1) M.B.A, 2) M.C.A & 3) M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan Degree Programmes in Tamil Nadu. [The Tamil Nadu G.O. (Ms) No. 46, Higher Education (J2) Department Dated : 21.02.2005 and G.O. (Ms) No.4, Higher Education (J2) Department dated 21.02.2005]
Applications are invited for Common Entrance Test for admission to:
1) MBA Degree Programme
2) MCA Degree Programme
College of Engineering, Anna University
Government & Govt. Aided Engineering Colleges
Government & Govt. Aided Arts and Science Colleges
The self financing colleges (Engg./ Arts and Science/ Stand Alone institutions) & Universities may opt to admit the candidates on the basis of the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test.
3) M.E./ M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan.Degree Programmes
1. Constituent Colleges of Anna University
2. Government Engineering Colleges
3. Govt. Aided Engineering Colleges
The self financing colleges (Engg./ Stand Alone institutions) may opt to admit the candidates on the basis of the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test under single window system of admission .
The procedure for seeking admission to the above said Degree Programmes consists of the following two steps:
1. Appearing for the Entrance Test in the relevant Programmes and
2. Applying for admission to the admitting authorities concerned.
Candidates are advised to look for separate advertisement to be released by the following admitting authorities for admission:
1. M.B.A., M.C.A., at all Engineering Colleges and in all Arts & Science Colleges – by the Directorate of Technical Education, Chennai – 25.
2. M.B.A., M.C.A., at the College of Engineering, Anna University – by the Director (Admissions), Anna University, Chennai – 600 025.
3. M.E/M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan. – GATE / Non-GATE (Aided & Self-Supporting – Full Time / Part Time) / Sponsored (Full Time / Part Time) categories, by the Secretary TANCA, Anna University, Chennai 25.
2. ENTRANCE TEST FEE
The application form is common for all the three entrance Tests. Candidates have to submit only one application form.
The cost of Application form for any one of the programmes either 1).M.B.A., or 2).M.C.A., or 3).M.E/M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan. is Rs.300/- ( Rs.150/- for Tamil Nadu SC/ST Candidates).
If the candidate is desirous to attend more than one Entrance Test, for every additional programme he/she has to enclose an additional Demand Draft for Rs.300/- (Rs.150/- for Tamil Nadu SC/ST Candidates), along with the filled in application form. The Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of “The Director, Entrance Examinations, Anna University” payable at Chennai obtained from any Nationalised Bank drawn on or after 26.3.2006.
M.B.A : Any Degree
M.C.A : A pass in any recognised Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline with Mathematics at 10+2 school level (or) with Mathematics as one of the subjects at degree level
M.E./M.Tech. /M.Arch./M.Plan. : The details of the eligibility for M.E./M.Tech./ M.Arch./M.Plan. Degree programmes are given in Annexure – I
For all the above programmes, candidates appearing for final year/semester examination of the said qualifying degree course in April / May 2006 may also apply.
Acceptance of a person as a candidate for writing the Entrance Test does not confer on the person the right of eligibility for admission to any of the above courses. The decision on the eligibility of the candidates for admission to a course entirely rests with the admitting authority offering the courses.
Other State candidates can write the entrance test but admission is subject to the approval of the admitting authority / University .
4. APPLICATION FORM AND ENCLOSURES
1. Application Form (without any folding)
2. Copy of Permanent Community Certificate (for Tamil Nadu SC/ST Candidates only).
3. Acknowledgement Card.
4. Additional DD(applicable only to candidates who are desirous to attend more than one Entrance Test)
Note: 1. DO NOT PUNCH OR STAPLE THE APPLICATION FORM.
2. DO NOT FOLD, SMUDGE OR SCRIBBLE ON THE APPLICATION FORM.
3. THE FILLED IN APPLICATION SHOULD BE KEPT LOOSELY AND SAFELY AND SENT IN THE SAME COVER PROVIDED FOR THIS PURPOSE.
5. MAILING ADDRESS
Completed applications should be sent to The Secretary, TANCET, Examination Centre, Anna University, Chennai – 600 025 so as to reach him on or before 5:30 p.m. on 29.04.2006. Candidates sending the applications by post should mail them sufficiently early so that the applications reach the University before the last date.
Note: The University is not responsible for any postal delay / Loss of the application in transit.
Cost of Application once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.