Punjab Technical University Common Entrance Test 2006,For Admission To Engineering, Architectue & Pharmacy Courses
PTU is conducting admission to:
- B. Tech, B. Arch and B. Pharmacy colleges affiliated to PTU comprising of 41 Engineering Colleges, 21 colleges of Pharmacy and 06 Colleges of Architecture.
- B. Tech courses in Guru Nanak Dev University , Amristar Campus College two Regional Centres.
- B. Tech courses in Punjabi University , Amristar, campus college and one Engineering College .
- Agricultural Engg, course in PAU , Ludhiana
85% seats are reserved for candidates of Punjab residence and the remaining 15% seats are open on All India Basis.
The distribution of seats in the colleges affiliated to PTU are on the basis of the following criteria.
All Govt. Colleges and GNDEC. Ludhiana
85% of total no of seats
15% of total no of seats
All self financed colleges
1/3 rd of total no of seats
85% or remaining
15% of remaining
- Candidates may note that CET merit is the first criteria for admission to Management Quota seat.
For 15% seats in each college-admission will be based on AIEEE (details in prospect) merit. Students applying under this category need not take CET-2006. However, they must fill the relevant admission application form of PTU and submit application by 27-06-2006
i) For Engineering Course ;
All those candidate who have cleared 10+2 examination (see note) with pass in Physics. Mathmatics as compulsory subjects and any one of the following optional subjects:
Those candidates who have passed diploma in any Engineering Trade from Punjab State Board of Technical Education, Chandigarh or Diploma/Certificate course from Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal or such
Examination form any other recognized State Board of Technical Education.
ii) For Architecute Course
A candidate who has passed 10+2 examination (see note) and has secured not less than 50% marks with Mathematics and English as subjects of examination. OR
The Candidates who possessed qualification equivalent to 10+2, shall also cover 3 year (Diploma) recognized by the Centre/State Government provided the candidate passed the Diploma examination with 50% marks in aggregate shall be eligible for admission to 1 st year of a 5-year B.Arch. course subject to an aptitude test.
iii) For Pharmacy Course
Has pass 10+2 or its equivalent examination (see note) conducted by recognized Board/University/Council with pass in Physics and Chemistry
As compulsory subjects, along with any one of the following optional subjects :-
Mathematics/ Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Biology OR
All those candidates who have passed Diploma in pharmacy from an institution affiliated to Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial training/Punjabi University, Patiala or any other University or any State Board of Technical Education provided that the diploma or the institute is duly approved by AICTE
Admission to different Universities shall be governed by their respective eligibility criteria
(Given in the Part-B of the Information Brochure)
form any other recognized STate ics. TU and submit application by 27-06-2006
Last date of submitting of Application Forms : 10.05.06
Date of Entrance Test : 28.05.06
Declaration of Result of Entrance Test : 15-06-06
Start of Counselling : 21-06-06
Start of Session : 01-08-06
Availability of Information Brochure cum Application Form :
The Information Brochure cum Application From Brochure will be available in all affiliated colleges of PTU/DTE. Sector-36, Chandigarh , Punjab ( Chandigarh )/ participating Universities and selected branches of PNB & IDBI . . The cost of Information Brochure is Rs. 500/- at counters and Rs. 550/- through post.
The following fee (in Rs.) are payable:-
For SC/ST candidates” All others
Examination Fee 500/- 1000/-
The examination fee once paid shall not be refunded.
* Claim to be supported by certificate as per the prescribed Proforma ( see Part-F of the Information Brochure)
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION :
- Each Candidates desirous of taking CET-2006 is required to send his /her application on the prescribed application form along with the examination fee through a Bank Draft for the prescribed amount. Candidates must write his /her name, address and the application form number on the back of the Bank Draft.
- Application form, complete in all respects must reach the Admission Cell, Entrance Test-2006, Punjab Technical University, Ladowali Road, Jalandhar-144 001 on or before 10-05-2006.
The candidates who are appearing in the 10+2 examination shall also be eligible to appear in the entrance test. The admission of such candidates to the Entrance Test shall be purely provisional and shall stand cancelled. If they fail to qualify in the aforesaid examination and such candidates shall have no claim whatsoever for the admission to these courses. Confirm all details from the Government notification in the prospect.
Ladowali Road , Jalandhar
Ph. 0181-2337305, 2453199