For Admission to undergraduate courses at the above mentioned seven Indian Institutes of Technology, IT-BHU, Varanasi & Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
April 9, 2006 (Sunday) – 08.00 – 10.00 hrs – Physics , 12.00 – 14.00 hrs – Mathematics, 16.00 – 18.00 hrs – Chemistry
Each of the above three papers(Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry) will be objective type in nature designed to test the comprehension and analytical ability of the Candidates.
1. Candidates appearing in (10+2) or equivalent qualifying examination in 2006 must secure at least 60% (55% for SC/ST and PD) marks in aggregate in their respective Board Examination.
In case the respective Boards award letter grades, without providing a norm for converting them to equivalent percentage marks, the norms decided by the Joint Implementation Committee of JEE shall be final (details to be provided in the Information Brochure Of JEE – 2006)
2. A student can have only two attempts to write JEE with effect from 2006 – in the year in which he or she passes the XIIth standard examination and / or in the following year.
3. Candidates who join any of the IITs, IT-BHU, Varanasi , and ISM, Dhanbad through JEE-2006 will not be permitted to appear in JEE in future.
4. Only those Candidates whose Date of Birth falls on or after October 1, 1981 are eligible for JEE-2006. However, in case of SC/ST,PD candidates the upper age limit is relaxed by five years i.e. SC/ST and PD candidates who have born on or after October 1, 1976 are eligible.
One time exception
Candidates, who have passed their qualifying examination in 2005 or earlier, will be permitted to appear in JEE – 2006, as a last chance, irrespective of the marks secured or the number of earlier attempts at JEE subject to their satisfying the age limit. This one time excemption will also be applicable to the candidates who are curently registered in any of the IITs, IT-BHU, Varanasi , and ISM, Dhanbad.
* Syllabus for this examination is already available on the website of all IITs and it will also be given in the Information Brochure of JEE-2006
* Application Form and Information Brochure will be available from 28th of November, 2005 to 6th January, 2006 .
Further details regarding sale of Application Material from designated banks in different zones of IITs will be published in leading National Dailies and Employment News / Rozgar Samachar on 19th of November, 2005.
Bombay – Delhi – Guwahati – Kanpur – Kharagpur – Madras – Roorkee