TAMILNADU PROFESSIONAL COURSES ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS 2006 (ENGINEERING, MEDICINE, AGRICULTURE AND VETERINARY & ANIMAL SCIENCES)
Tamil Nadu Professional Courses Entrance Examinations (TNPCEE) 2006 will be conducted by Anna University on behalf of the Government of Tamil Nadu on 18th and 19th May, 2006 as noted below for candidates who seek admission to all Professional Courses in Tamil Nadu, during 2006-2007 offered by Government, Government Aided Institutions under the control of (1) Anna University, (2) Directorate of Technical Education (3) Directorate of Medical Education, (4) Directorate of Indian Medicine and Homoeopathy, (5) Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (6) Tamil Nadu Veterinary & Animal Sciences University,(7) Bharathidasan Institute of Technology in Bharathidhasan University and
(8) seats voluntarily surrendered by the management of affiliated self-financing colleges in Tamil Nadu, which have opted to admit students cased on TNPCEE 2006.
Those who have already passed HSC or equivalent qualifying examination and those who have appeared for such qualifying examination during March 2006 can apply for these entrance examinations.
The details of courses offered in Engineering, Medicine, Agriculture, Veterinary and Animal Sciences by the admitting authorities are given in the “Information Booklet” available in the Anna University Web site and printed copies of information booklets are also available for Rs 10/- (by cash) at all online registration centres. The required eligibility conditions and other details will be available in the admission application forms issued by the respective admitting authorities at a later date.
All the candidates seeking admission to the above mentioned professional courses should (i) appear for TNPCEE 2006 and (ii) apply to the respective admitting authorities for admission when called for.
Important note: Entrance examinations will be conducted, based only on the syllabi prescribed for the second year of the Tamil Nadu State Board of Higher Secondary Courses in the concerned subject.
These entrance examinations are applicable to candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu and those who satisfy the nativity / domicile requirements specified for admission to the professional courses by the respective admitting authorities and
Other state candidates who seek admission for B.E./8-Tech. courses (a) in the constituent institutions of Anna University against the seats reserved for other state candidate and
(b) under Management Quota in self financing engineering colleges in Tamil Nadu
which have opted to admit students based on TNPCEE 2006 should also appear for
Candidates are advised to look for separate advertisement to be released by the respective admitting authorities and file applications for admission accordingly. This advertisement gives only the details pertaining to the Entrance Examinations for admission to Professional Courses for the academic year 2006-2007.
Procedure for Registration of Application for TNPCEE 2006
Candidates desirous of appearing for the entrance examinations have to register their
applications through one of the following three modes:
1. Through Online Registration
2. Postal (by applying in the prescribed format)
Note: Online registration centre in an examination city/zone is for registering candidates who desire So write the examinations in that examination city/zone only. However, candidates
who prefer to write the examinations in any other examination city/zone has to apply by postal/internet mode. In respect of zones, candidates will be allotted any one of the colleges coming under that zone only. Candidate can register for any of the zones of Chennai City at the Centre for Entrance Examinations, Anna University.
1. Through Online Registration Centres: The entire process of filing applications by
candidates and issue of hall tickets immediately will be done through the identified online application registration centres. The procedure to be followed by the candidate for online registration is (a) Get a passport size photograph (b) get a Photocopy of HSC Hall Ticket
(or) any proof for name verification (c) a D.D, towards examination fee (refer Table-1
given below) (d) go to the online application registration centre in the city or zones in the city where the candidate desires to write the examinations (e) fill up the application form available at the registration centres or in the information booklet and submit it at the online registration centre (f) Your photograph will be taken using digital camera, (g) your application details will be entered in the computer (h) the Hall Ticket will be printed and given to you at the same centre. The addresses of the online application registration centres are given below.
In case the candidate is unable to appear in person for online registration, any person authorised by the candidate can submit all the items . mentioned above along with filled application form, with signatures of the candidate (columns provided in the application) and affixing two recently taken passport size photographs of the candidate on the space provided in the application form (one photo should be attested) and submit it to the online registration centre for getting the hall ticket.
2. Application by Post: Candidates who desires to apply through postal mode, have to fill in the application format given below (format is also available in the Information Booklet (Annexure 3) and in Anna University Website: www.annauniv.edu affix two recent passport size photographs in the space provided (one should be attested) and signature at the appropriate space. The completed application should be sent to Anna University along with the Demand Draft (refer Table-1 given below for details of examination fee) and a self addressed, stamped (Rs 51-) envelope (of size It cm X 26 cm) for sending the hall ticket by post. For receiving the hall ticket by speed post affix required stamps.
Postal Applications duly filled by the candidate should reach The Secretary, TNPCEE 2006, Anna University, Chennai – 600 025 on or before 2.5.2006. Please write the name of the examination city where the candidate desires to write the examinations and HSC registration number and year on the top left comer of the postal cover. Other State candidates, should also write “Other State” on the left top corner of the postal cover.
The form can be printed after filling the required details, and then the procedure for postal mode is to be followed.
(1) The Tamil Nadu SC/ST candidates desirous of obtaining the fee concession, should produce a certificate obtained from the head of the institution last studied (or) copy of SC/ST Community Certificate (or) copy of the Transfer Certificate of the candidate to the effect that the candidate belongs to SC/ST Community.
(2) Demand Draft for the required amount should be drawn in favour of The Director, Entrance Examinations, Anna University, payable at Chennai obtained from any Nationalised/Scheduled bank on or after 07.04.2006. The candidate is instructed to write his/her name, +2 Registration Number and address on the reverse of the Demand Draft.
(3) Unused previous year question books, (Biology, Physical Sciences & Mathematics) subject to availability, can be had in person from the Centre for Entrance Examinations, Anna University on payment of Rs,10/- per book by cash and by post from the Secretary, TNPCEE, Anna University, Chennai – 600 025 through Demand Draft for the amount (in addition to the cost of the book, the postal charges of Rs. 30/- up to 3 books should be added) in favour of the Director, Entrance Examinations, Anna University payable at Chennai with a requisition letter and a self addressed slip.
(4) Filled applications received by post after the stipulated date will not be considered.
1. Commencement of Online Registration and Postal / Internet Registration of Applications : 12.04.2006
2. Last date for online Registration of Application and internet : 28.04.2006
3. Last date for receipt of filled in Applications through post : 02.05.2006
NAME AND ADDRESSES OF ONLINE APPLICATION REGISTRATION CENTRES
(Online Registration Centres will function from 12.04.2006 to 28.04.2006 on all days during office hours)
• Chennai – Centre for Entrance Examinations, Anna University (Zone A) • Madras Institute of Technology, Chramepet, (Zone B) Madras Veterinary College, Vepery (Zone C) • Bharethi Women’s College, Broadway, Prakasam Road. (Zone D). (Candidates can register for any zone in Chennai at the Centre for Entrance Examinations, Anna University].
•Aruppukottai – Sri Sowdambika Polylechriic College Avadi – Murugappa Polytechnic College Chidambaram – Engineering Block, Annamatei University
•Coimbatore – Government College of Tech. (Zone A) and PSG College of Tech(Zone B’) • Cuddalore – Krishnasamy College of Engg. & Tech. • Dharmapuri – Jayam College of Engg. 8 Tech • Dindigul – The Gandhigram Rural Institute (Deemed University ) Erode – Institute of Road and Transport Technology (Zone A) and Kongu Engg. College (Zone Kallakurichi – Bharalhi Arts & Science College
• Kancrteepuram – Pallavan College of Engg, • Karaikudi – A.C College of Engg. & Tech. • Karur – M.Kumaraswamy College of Engg. Kovilpatti – National Engineering College • Krishnagiri – Government College of Engg, Bargur • Madurai – Thiagarajar College of Engg. (Zone A) and Tamil Nadu Agricultural College & Research Institute (Zone B) • Maytladtrthurai • AVC College of Engg. • Nagapattinam-Edayathankudy GS Pillay Engg. College • Nagarcoil – Government Polytechnic College (Zone A ) and Nooruf Islam College of Engg. (Zone B)
• Namakkal – PGP College of Engg. & Technology • Neyveli – Javvahar Science College • Perambalur Dfianalakshmi Srinivasan Engg. College Poilachi • Dr.Mahalingam College of Engg. & Technology • Pudukottai – Government Arts College for Women • Ramanathapuram – Syed Amrnal Engg. College • Salem – Government College of Engg. (Zone A ) and Thiagarajar Polytechnic College (Zone B ) • Srrvilliputhur – Arulmigu Kaiasalingam College of Engg. • Thanjavur – Periyar Community College of Continuing Education, (Near New Bus Stand)
• Theni – Odaiyappa College of Ertgg. & Technology • Tiruchengode – K.S. Rangasamy College of Technology • Tinichirappalli • Bishop Heber College (Zone A*) and The Seshasayee institute of Tech. (Zone B) • Tiruvannamalai – Government College of Engg. (Zone A) and Francis Xavier Emjg. College (Zone B) • Tirupattur (Vellore Dt) – Sacred Heart College • Tiruvallur • Pratnyusha Engineering College, Aranvayalhuppam»Tir«vannamalai-Arunai Engineering College •Tiruvarur – Thiru -Vi- ka Govt. Arts College • Thoothukudi – VOC College
• Uthagamandalam – CSI College of Engg,, Ketti. • Vellore – Thanthai Periyar Govt. Institute of Technology. (Zone A ) and Voorhees College (Zone Villupuram- IFET College of Engineering at Valliyammal Guest House (opp.) New Bus Stand • Virudhunagar- MEPCO Scblenk Engineering College.